At the Law Office of James Tyler Brooks, we try to structure our billing to tailor our services to the needs of our clients in the most cost-effective manner possible. We offer two basic types of fee structure:
- Hourly Fees
- Consultation Fee (One Hour) – $250
- Absolute Divorce (Simple) – $795 (Includes attorney’s fee, $225 filing fee; $20 motions fee; service by certified mail and other mailing costs). Learn more about our flat-fee simple/uncontested absolute divorce services in Wake County Durham County.
Hourly Fee Services – Average Retainers (Trust Deposits):
Our family law attorney charges $250 per hour. When you retain our firm on an hourly basis, we track the time we spend working on your case, including the following activities:
- meetings with you
- telephone and email communications with you and/or opposing counsel
- drafting separation agreements or offers/counteroffers
- scheduling hearings
- preparing for trial
- representing you in court
We carefully track our time, mindful of doing effective work to achieve your interests, and we bill you accordingly. At the close of your initial consultation, we estimate the amount that we believe it will cost to represent you, and we request that you stake that amount in the form of a trust deposit. We then deplete the funds in your trust account to pay your monthly invoices. Our typical retainer amounts, and the reflective trust deposits, typically range between $2,500 and $10,000.
You can use your credit card to pay invoices online using PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use this service.
For your convenience, we have added several of our services to the drop down menu below including: consultation fee and fee for flat-fee simple divorce.
If you are paying an invoice select “Other” below.
|Payment (Choose One)|
Consultation Fee $250.00 USD
Flat-Fee Uncontested Divorce $795.00 USD